20040910: Mac OS X 10.3.4, NetCDF 3.5.1

Russ & Cara-Lyn,

>Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:36:21 -0600
>From: Russ Rew <address@hidden>
>To: Cara-Lyn Lappen <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040910: Mac OS X 10.3.4, NetCDF 3.5.1

> Our netCDF Fortran interface expert, Steve Emmerson, is out until next
> week, but I'll forward this to him in case he knows a better way to
> handle this than modifying the netCDF source.

I reviewed this thread in our netCDF support-email archive and
something doesn't make sense.  The original problem was that the CAM
package required upper-case symbols (e.g., "_NF_CLOSE_") but that the
Fortran-callable symbols in the netCDF library were lower-case (e.g.,
"_nf_close_").

The "cfortran.h" file, however, does generate upper-case symbols if the
C macro "AbsoftProFortran" is defined.

Could it be that the C macro "AbsoftProFortran" wasn't defined in
the CPPFLAGS environment variable when the configure(1) script was
originally executed?

Regards,
Steve Emmerson