20040724: SUSE 9.1 - configure script can not find compilers (cont.)

>From: "Leonard Montenegro" <address@hidden>

Hi Leonard,

>Thank you for the information.

No worries.

>I installed the Portland Group Workstation 5.2, which I believe includes
>C, C++, f77 anf f90 compilers. This Workstation was installed in the
>suggested destination, /usr/pgi. Is this the correct directory for all
>the compilers?

For the Portland Group compilers, yes; for others no.

>If not, what are the standard directories for all the
>compilers?

The standard location for compiler installs depends on the compilers.
The Portland Group compilers are relative newcomers, so the current
'configure' script is not setup to know where to look for them.  We
are updating our netCDF build environments including 'configure' at
the moment.  I believe that in a future release, you would not need
to set environment variables specifically for the the PG compilers.