20040630: netcdf-3.5.1 on Solaris x86

Matt,

>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:14:30 -0400 (EDT)
>From: <address@hidden>
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040618: netcdf-3.5.1 on Solaris

>  I tried the make distclean and then using the "native" c compiler, cc,
> but that didnt even make it through the configure stage.  Plus everyone I
> talk to has never been able to actually get "cc" to work so I think that
> is not a road I want to go down.

If by "cc" you mean "/usr/ucb/cc", then, no, that will never work
because it's not a Standard C compiler.

"/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc", however, will work.  Do you have that one?

> I am at a loss right now in terms of where to go from here.  Any
> ideas?

I would still like to see the file "make.log" from a virgin attempt
using pgcc(1) and pgf90(1).  The previous "make.log" file didn't start
from the state resulting from a "make clean".

It appeared from that previous "make.log" file that a serious problem
exists with your PGI C compiler.  I would show that output to your
system administrator or contact PGI support.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson