Re: NetCDF library problems

Thanks.

That's what I thought it was, but I *was* using the configure script to set
proper directories, e.g. for the FreeBSD port, -I /usr/local/include, and
-L/usr/local/lib. Maybe I just forgot the -lnetcdf!

Now on to analyzing my inability to get arrays of bytes... Again, with some
luck that problem will magically, silently disappear, but I doubt it. I won't
bother casting about for a solution until I get a good, complete example to
send you.

Jason

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 06:14:10PM -0600, Robb Kambic wrote:

> Jason,
>
> The problem is the netcdfperl can't find the netCDF include file and
> library. The fix is to set the environment variables to the netCDF
> install location. For example,
>
> % setenv CPP_NETCDF -I/usr/local/netcdf-3.5.0/include
> % setenv LD_NETCDF -L/usr/local/netcdf-3.5.0/lib -lnetcdf
>
> In c shell or use the export command in sh
>
> The email you are referring to is at:
>
> http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/getfile?file=/content/support/help/MailArchives/netcdf-perl/msg00156.html
>
> The email archives have been moved over to another server, under support.
>
> http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support/help/glimpse/glimpsesearch.html
>
> Robb...

Jason Thaxter
GoMOOS, P.O. Box 4919, Portland, ME 04112-4919
Office Location: 1 Canal Plaza, 7th Floor
Office: 207.773.0423
Fax:    207.773.8672
Email:  address@hidden