20040428: netCDF F90 question

Jingfeng Wang,

>Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:52:22 -0400
>From: Jingfeng Wang <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040428: netCDF F90 question

> Is there an easy way to map a variable on a T62 Gaussian grid (192x94) onto a
> 144x73 (2.5-degreex2.5-degree) grid. For example, NCEP/NCAR reanalysis latent
> heat flux (LH) data is written on T62 Gaussian grid, while wind fields and
> humidity on 2.5x2.5 degree grid. I need to have a LH field on 144x73 it is
> compatible with others in running a simulation. Thank you.

I'm not aware of any "easy" way to do what you want.  In general, you'll
need to interpolate the field on the Gaussian grid to the regular grid.
There might be some utilities to do this but I don't know what they are.

You might try posting an inquiry to the netCDF-users mailing-list
<address@hidden> or looking over the netCDF-using packages
at

    http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/software.html

Regards,