20040428: netCDF F90 question

Jingfeng Wang,

> To: address@hidden
> From: Jingfeng Wang <address@hidden>
> Subject: a question about netCDF data

> I'm a new user of F90 netcdf. I wonder if the "count" vector of the
> NF90_GET_VAR function can be negative. This is equivalent to reading
> variables from south to north, rather than north to south as normally
> done. Thank you very much for your help. Sincerely,
>

> Jingfeng Wang
>
> MIT

The value of the "count" vector eventually reach the C library
implementation and are assumed to be unsigned integers; consequently,
negative values are not allowed.

You can accomplish what you want, however, by appropriately setting the
starting-indices and "stride" vectors in the obvious way.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson