Re: 20040402: netCDF help request

>To: address@hidden
>From: Nithya Nirmal Vijayakumar <address@hidden>
>Subject: Need help

Hi Nithya,

> From this, I understand that file is the only way of communication
> between a writer and a reader. Are there any extensions planned to
> netcdf which will allow to write into a buffer and send the buffer
> across over the network from writer to reader? Is there any work around in
> the current implementation that will allow me to do this? The ability to
> write into a buffer is a very important requirement for our system, hence
> your further clarification will help us a lot.

No, sorry, there are no plans for implementing that functionality in
netCDF in the near future, and I don't know of any workaround in the
current implementation that will allow you to do that.  It seems like
a very useful capability, and perhaps we can consider eventually
implementing it for netCDF-4.

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ