20040315: netCDF Perl Interface - Red Hat 7.3 kernel 2.4.7 SMP - error on building netCDF perl interface

Carven,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Carven Scott" <address@hidden>
> Subject: netCDF Perl Interface - Red Hat 7.3 kernel 2.4.7 SMP - error on
> building netCDF perl interface

> Institution: NOAA/NWS/PAFC
> Package Version: 1.2.2
> Operating System: Red Hat 7.3 kernel 2.4.7 SMP
> Hardware Information: Dell Precision 420
> Inquiry: configure and make wnet fine.
>
> I get a segmentation fault running make test at "Checking last value of
> first record value......[test_dynamic]

There appears to be a bug in perl 5.8 that is tickled by the "make test"
step of the NetCDF-Perl package.  I suggest that you try version 1.2.3
of the package, which was released March 10, 2004.

> r/-cas

Regards,
Steve Emmerson