20040218: error in 64-bit libnetcdf.a

Huisheng,

>Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:56:09 -0500
>From: Huisheng Bian <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040217: error in 64-bit libnetcdf.a

> The make.log is attached. It seems '-64' optioin doesn't be incorporated
> into compiler. I set my compile environment like this:
>
> setenv CC /app/gnu/bin/gcc
> setenv CPPFLAGS -DNDEBUG
> set    CFLAGS='-O -64 -mips4'
> setenv FC /bin/f90
> set    FFLAGS='-O -64 -mips4'
> setenv F90 /bin/f90
> set    F90FLAGS='-O -64 -mips4'
> set    CXX /app/gnu/bin/g++
> setenv CXXFLAGS='-O -64 -mips4'

The above inappropriately uses "set" rather than "setenv" and the last
"setenv" command is incorrect.

From your use of the "setenv" command, I assume that you are using a
csh(1)-like user-shell.  If this is correct, then please try the
following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 and 4 of

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

    3.  Execute the following commands to set environment variables:

            setenv CC /app/gnu/bin/gcc
            setenv CPPFLAGS -DNDEBUG
            setenv CFLAGS '-O -64 -mips4'
            setenv FC /bin/f90
            setenv FFLAGS '-O -64 -mips4'
            setenv F90 /bin/f90
            setenv F90FLAGS '-O -64 -mips4'
            setenv CXX /app/gnu/bin/g++
            setenv CXXFLAGS '-O -64 -mips4'

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 of

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

Please let me know what you discover.

If you are not using a csh(1)-like user-shell, then please tell me what
user-shell you are using.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson