Re: 20040126:netcdf within MS .NET framework (fwd)

> Hello,
>

> I was wondering whether you are aware of anyone who has built a Microsoft
> .NET managed code object to access netcdf files using Visual Studio 2003?  I
> have build DLL's with MS VC++ 6 but these are not accessible in the same
> easy way as .NET DLL's are from Visual Basic, C++, C#, J#, etc. on PC's.
>

> If someone has done it, this would certainly help "spread the Word" on how
> useful netcdf is.
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Max

Howdy Max!

As it turns out, I had a port to .NET working a few months ago, then
lost it through some disk problems. However I may have found a copy
again...

In any case, .NET support is something I fully intend to provide,
however I can't get to that until two other tasks are complete, and
they will take some weeks.

The way I ported it was to use the DLL and write VB.NET declare
statements for the functions. Then all the netcdf functions are
available in VB.NET, and can then be packaged into a component or
whatever. You might give it a try as it was pretty easy.

I'll send you an email when I get some .NET capability up and running
here at netCDF World Headquarters.

Thanks!

Ed Hartnett
Unidata