Re: NetCDF files (fwd)

Hi David,

> We are trying to work with netCDF files in a Windows environment and
> having some trouble with that.  Could point us in the right direction
> please.

If you just need to install netCDF on Windows, we have pre-built
netCDF 3.5.0 libraries for Win32 systems (Windows 95, 98, NT,
Millennium, XP), available here:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.0.win32bin.ZIP

Alternatively, you can build from source by getting this zip file:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.0.win32makeVC6.ZIP

and reading the instructions in WIN32_README.TXT:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/WIN32_README.TXT

If you have more specific questions about using netCDF on Windows, you
can send them to "address@hidden" and they'll be forwarded
to someone who can help.

--Russ

address@hidden          http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ