20031124: Win2K, command line utilities to read/write netcdf

>From: "Dave Whiteman - NASA/GSFC" <address@hidden>

Dave,

>I hope you can help me with this...I am looking for a command line
>utility for reading and writing netcdf files that runs in Win2K.  It
>doesn't seem like any of the utilities listed on your netcdf software
>page fits this description.  Am I wrong?  Thanks.

There are a variety of packages that can work with data in netCDF
format that run under Win2k, but they may not fit the categorization
of being a command line utility.  I can suggest, however, that the
ncdump and ncgen applications that come as part of the netCDF
distribution do fit that bill: ncdump can read netCDF files and
output data in ASCII, and ncgen can read data in ASCII and output
the data in netCDF.  Whether or not these will do the things you
have in mind is best answered by yourself.

>Dave

>David Whiteman, Ph.D.
>NASA/GSFC
>Code 912/Mesoscale Atmospheric Processes Branch      address@hidden
>Building 33 Room D404 (office)                               301 614-6703
>Building 33 Room F421B (lab)                                 301 614 6775
>Greenbelt, MD 20771                                          301 614-5492 (fax)
>Raman Lidar Group ->     http://ramanlidar.gsfc.nasa.gov

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas