20031106: netcdf for SGI altrix

>From: Hai-Ru Chang <address@hidden>

Hai-Ru,

>     Did you have netcdf binary for SGI altrix?  I tried to compile it with
>intel efc compiler.  In configure step I saw tne message 'cc fail compile the
>test program'.  Thanks for your help!

We have binary distributions of the netCDF built for some SGI IRIX versions.
If you are running on IRIX64 6.5, you can get a binary for netCDF 3.5.0
and 3.5-beta8.

Please look through the various IRIX (irix*) subdirectories of the
pub/binary directory of anonymous FTP on our FTP server, ftp.unidata.ucar.edu
to see if there is a binary you can use.  If you can't find one, you
will need to build from source.  To help you get past the compilation
error you are running into, you will have to provide us with configure
and make log file output as per the instructions on the netCDF web
pages we maintain on our web server, my.unidata.ucar.edu.

>Dr. Hai-Ru Chang
>Duane Physics #D322
>311-UCB
>Program in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
>Boulder, CO 80303
>Tel: 303-492-0544

Cheers,

Tom Yoksas