Re: 20030915:File Offset questions related to 2GB dataset sizes (patch attached)

Hi Rob,

> > We also
> > need to update out autoconf/configure to detect and handle large file
> > support properly.
>
> Here's what we added to our configure.in with for parallel-netcdf:
> i'd like to see it tested more thouroughly, but it does the trick for
> linux and a 32-bit solaris environment:
>
> AC_CHECK_HEADERS(unistd.h,
>         AC_MSG_CHECKING(for large file defines)
>         AC_TRY_COMPILE([
>                 #include <unistd.h>
>                 ], [
>                 #ifndef _LFS64_LARGEFILE
>                 #error no largefile defines
>                 #endif
>                 ],
>                 CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
>                 AC_MSG_RESULT(yes),
>                 AC_MSG_RESULT(none) )
>         )

Thanks very much for providing this.  I hope to be able to add the
64-bit offset support to netCDF soon.  It's great that you got it into
pnetcdf.  I'll be watching the mailing list to see if your users
encounter any problems with it.

--Russ