(fwd)

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:20:25 -0700
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden

>To: address@hidden
>From: <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20031104: Linux installation

Hi Davide,

> I have a problem with the netCDF-3.5.0 installation..
> May be that the environment variable are not correctly setted...I don't
> know..
> Anyway, I am trying to install it on a Linux 7.2 Red Hat (Enigma) OS.
> The processor is a Pentium III.
> do you have the correct settings?

If you're having troubles compiling the C++ interface, you should use
the latest beta release:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

which has fixes for some problems, including updates to the C++
interface for more recent C++ compilers.  Just follow the instructions
in the INSTALL document, which includes several examples of
environment variable settings for Linux:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#linux

If it still doesn't work, please send details to address@hidden
as described in the "Reporting Problems" section of the INSTALL
document:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

--Russ

------- End of Forwarded Message