Re: 32 or 64

>To: address@hidden
>From: "a b" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 32 or 64

Hi Jing,

>    Thank you.that's easy enough to install.only because i have no
> experience.
>    in addition,i have a problem,in the page
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/binaries.html
> the third line is "irix_6.5-mips" and " irix64_6.5-mips".
> i downloaded these two releases separately in different directories.i find
> that they both can be used when i compile a program.it seemed that they
> have no differences. is't it ?? at least,the length of netcdf.h and so on
> files is the same.
>    i wonder what differences between the two,and which better should i use?

The include files such as netcdf.h would be the same, but one is built
on a 64-bit IRIX64 platform, while the other was built on a 32-bit IRIX
platform.  I think they were both built with the "-n32" compiler flag
though, which means there is no important difference.  If you start
needing to deal with files larger than 2 Gbytes, I don't think either
of these would work, because they weren't compiled for Large File
Support.

--Russ