20030917: netCDF linking problem using pgf90

Roger,

>Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:29:30 +0800 (HKT)
>From: "HIU FUNG ROGER Kwok" <address@hidden>
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF linking problem using pgf90

> The command "nm -g mcip.o | grep nf_inq_libvers" returns nothing. When I
> diverted the "nm" command (without the pipe) to a log file (attached), I
> found that no "nf_.." patterns existed there. What conclusions could be
> drawn?

The conclusion is that the "mcip" module doesn't call any netCDF
routines.  If it did, then the command I mentioned would have printed
something.

Some other module must be calling nf_inq_libvers().  I want to know what
that module is and how it was compiled.  You will have to search all the
modules that went into the mcip program using the command I mentioned.
When you find the module, you must then discover how it was compiled.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson