Re: how to set the path.Thanks!

>To: address@hidden
>From: "a b" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: how to set the path.Thanks!

Hi MJ,

> thank you for your reply.maybe the release i download last time is bad.then
> i download another,and have seen the /src.but in the installation,i met
> more problems.you may see the accessory "insterr", it seemed that  File =
> /usr/include/stddef.h have errors,but that file is c compiler header
> file,is impossible wrong.
> then i install another c compiler:gcc which be installed at dir
> /usr/freeware/bin. it still have problems,maybe my setting of the
> environment path is not right,please see the accessory "cshrc".is there
> anything wrong?
> i don't know what the meaning of CPPFLAGS "-DNDEBUG"and  CFLAGS "-mips4"?
> how should i set it?
> by the way,my SGI OS is IRIX6.5.17,and the release of c is MIPSpro c
> compiler 7.3.
> please give directions! Thank you very much!
> because somebody is anxious to use it,I hope i can get your reply as soon
> as possible.

> OCEAN 2% make
>
> Making `all' in directory /data/usr/people/wf/netcdf-3.5.1-beta13/src/libsrc
>
>       c89 -c -O -I.  -DNDEBUG attr.c
> c89 WARNING:  abi should have been specified by driverwrap
> cc-1084 c89: ERROR File = /usr/include/stddef.h, Line = 36
>   The indicated declaration has an invalid combination of type specifiers.
>
>   typedef int         ptrdiff_t;
>                       ^
>
> cc-1084 c89: ERROR File = /usr/include/sys/types.h, Line = 227
>   The indicated declaration has an invalid combination of type specifiers.
>
>   typedef int    ssize_t;
>                  ^
>
> 2 errors detected in the compilation of "attr.c".

Make sure you have not overridden the compiler environment by setting
the environment variables SGI_CC or SGI_ABI.

You sent the contents of the file "cshrc.cshrc".  If you really want
to have environment variables set before you invoke the configure
script, I would think they should be in a file named ".cshrc" in your
home directory, rather than "cshrc.cshrc".  Or you could just set the
environment variables using the "setenv" command before you run the
"configure" script.  Also, I see you have three statements setting the
C compiler environment variable:

> setenv CC "usr/lib32/cmplrs/c89 -n32"
> setenv CC "/usr/freeware/bin/gcc -n32"
> setenv CC "/usr/freeware/bin/g++ -n32"

Only the last of these will have any effect.  I would recommend using
c89 if you can, since that's what we have tested on IRIX, although gcc
may work as well.  But I doubt that the "-n32" option is meaningful to
gcc; I believe it is specific to the c89 or cc compiler for IRIX.

Note that you could just install a pre-built binary version of netCDF
by downloading and following the instructions for one of the binary
distributions we have built for IRIX in these directories:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/irix_6.5-mips

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu