20030903: netCDF problem using pgf90

Roger,

>Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:48:13 +0800 (HKT)
>From: "HIU FUNG ROGER Kwok" <address@hidden>
>To: <address@hidden>
>Subject: pgf90 compiling problem

> Thanks for your solutions. I followed your instructions and the rebuild of
> netcdf seemed successful. However, when I invoked 'make' to compile a
> model (not netcdf), error messages appeared (please see attachment). Also
> attached is the Makefile compiling the model. I believe that model uses
> pgf90 source codes. Thanks again for your help.
>
> Roger Kwok

Your netCDF installation was successful.  Also, it is possible to link
a pgf90-compiled program against the netCDF library as the netCDF
"make.log" file shows:

    /math/import/application/pgi/4.0/linux86/bin/pgf90 -o nf_test -O -w
test_get.o test_put.o nf_error.o nf_test.o test_read.o test_write.o util.o
fortlib.o ../libsrc/libnetcdf.a  -lm
    ./nf_test -c
    ./nf_test
    *** Testing nf_strerror ...
    *** Testing nf_open ...
    *** Testing nf_close ...

I need to see the command that failed and its error messages.  Send me
the output (both standard output and standard error) from the "make" of
your model that failed.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson