20030717: netcdf-3.5.1b+, Mac OS X, Absoft f95: assertion failure

Swen,

>Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:56:04 +0200
>From: Swen Metzger <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030715: netcdf-3.5.1b+, Mac OS X, Absoft f95: assertion failure

> I do not really get a core file. The program exits with:
>
> putget.c:1495: failed assertion `value != NULL'
> Abort
>
> However, I have obtained a crash log file (default OS X behaviour),
> which I have attached.  Further, I have figured out how to circumvent
> the problem. The error only occurs by writing out a netcdf-file (after
> regridding). Since I do not necessarily need the files, I can comment
> out this part so that the climate model behaves normal. But I still
> don't understand why this problem occurs only on the Mac.
>
> Thanks for your time and help,
>
> Swen

The crash log contained the following:

    Thread 0 Crashed:
     #0   0x900740e8 in memmove
     #1   0x0159c09c in ncx_putn_int_int
     #2   0x0159ecc0 in putNCvx_int_int
     #3   0x015a4aec in nc_put_vara_int
     #4   0x015abb70 in nc_put_varm_int
     #5   0x01595084 in nf_put_varm_int__
     #6   0x00632b14 in __NF90_PUT_VAR_1D_FOURBYTEINT_in_NETCDF

I backtracked the sequence of function calls to nf_put_varm_int.
Everything looks OK.  In order to proceed further, I need you to create
the file "fortran/fort-varmio.i" and send it to me.  Please do the
following:

    1.  Go into the "fortran/" subdirectory.

    2.  Execute the command

            make fort-varmio.i

    3.  Send me that file.

Also, would you please send me the file "configure.log", which is
described near the end of the file INSTALL.html in the top-level source
directory.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson