20030716: Réf. : 20030715: Réf. : 20030709: troublewith installation ofnetcdf 3.5.0

>From: address@hidden

Laetitia,

>I'm sorry, this is my fault, I wrote it in a hurry so I just copied the
>lines but the line that appears on my screen is :
>configure:1094: c89 -c -o -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5

There will be a number of things that look like errors in the configure.log
file.  'configure' compiles and runs small test programs to see what
works on the target system and what doesn't.  Based on what it finds,
it sets up defines that are used in the actual build of the netCDF
package.

At this point, I am unsure of where your netCDF build process is failing.
Please resend the various log files that are generated when you attempt
the build.  Before doing this, please make sure to do a 'make distclean'
before starting the process from the beginning.

>In fact I have some questions.
>When I execute configure, it is said in the paper "installing netcdf" that
>it installs the package's files in ../bin,../lib,../man relative to the
>netcdf src/directory. Does it mean that it should create it next to the src
>directory when I execute configure? Because nothing appears at all so the
>troubles begin with that.

The 'make install' step will create the installation subdirectories.
You do not need to create them by hand.

After fixing your CFLAGS and/or CPPFLAGS, exactly where is the build
failing?

Along with the various log files requested, please include the output
of 'env' so we can see how your CFLAGS, CC, etc. are defined.  Thanks.

Tom