Re: 20030710: mingw32 and NetCDF under Windows

Unidata Support wrote:

------- Forwarded Message

To: address@hidden
From: "Sjaak Verdoold" <address@hidden>
Subject: mingw32 and NetCDF

Dear Mr/mrs.,
I have to following question regarding NetCDF.
I would like to use NetCDF in a project I'm doing which should run on both linux and windows systems. As a result I'm using Dev-Cpp that used the Mingw32 compilers (native windows versions of gcc). For this reason I cannot use the precompiled binaries for windows that are available on the net.
you could use seperate binaries.

However when I try to compile the library from source using the MSys environment that comes with Mingw32 the library refuses to compile, complaining that there are no usable c++ ompilers available. However all environment variables are set corectly.

Because Dev-Cpp is a complete IDE, I was wondering whether it is possible to just create a new library project and add all files. In this way, the IDE will create the appropriate makefiles and should be able to compile the library. When I do this however, I get weird error messages related to some kind of make problem. Is it possible to have the makefiles be generated by an IDE and than just to add the c and c++ files (I'n primarily interested in the c/c++ interface at this moment) ??
Or is there a better way? I'm pretty much stuck at this moment.
I am using the latest release that should work because the dev-cpp mingw compiler is a port of the gcc3.2 as far as I could figure out.

Thanks in advance

im sorry, i dont know anything about Mingw32 or Dev-Cpp. it sounds like a problem learning how those environments work. try posting these questions to the user groups for these packages.

Sjaak Verdoold------------------------------------------------------------
---------
S.Verdoold
Particle Technology Group