Re: 20030626:HDF -> netCDF (fwd)

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Sat, 28 Jun 2003 06:55:56 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden
Subject: Re: 20030626:HDF -> netCDF

Hi,

>  Is it possible to convert HDF format to netCDF
> format. I am in the process of writing that program,
> for this I want know how to access(function) the time
> data from HDF file.

We have no such conversion utility.

Since there are some data structures that can be stored in HDF (in
particular HDF5) that cannot be stored in netCDF, a general conversion
utility is not possible.  However, we are just starting a project to
make netCDF and HDF more compatible, by providing a netCDF interface
on the HDF5 format:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/proposals/NASA-AIST-2002/abstract.html

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu