20030606: netCDF files larger than 2 GB

>From: heinrich <address@hidden>

Philippe,

>I have  installed netcdf on a linux PC.
>It seems that files *.nc are limites to a size of 2.1 Gigas. I have
>checked that there enough space on my PC
>and that there is no limit for files in my linux configuration.
>Do you know how to increase this size limit ofr netcdf files ?

Please review the information on large file support for the netCDF:

Unidata HomePage
my.unidata.ucar.edu
  Software
  my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software
    netCDF
    my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/netcdf
      Frequently Asked Questions
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html

      Platforms and Portability
      Is it possible to create netCDF files larger than 2 Gbytes?
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html#lfs

>Thanks in advance,
>Philippe Heinrich

Best of luck.