Re: 20030505: Problens with netcdf (fwd)

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Mon, 05 May 2003 16:11:35 -0600
From:    Russ Rew <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden
Subject: Re: 20030505: Problens with netcdf

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: Problens with netcdf

Hi Marcio,

> My name is Marcio Cataldi and I study at Federal Unuversity of Rio de
> Janeiro - Brazil. In my Doctorate Thesis I try coupled a ocean Model (MOM
> 2.0) with a climatic model (CAM 2.0). I
>
> I had difficults with the netcdf instalation in a CRAY SV1. The test of F90
> compilation haven´t sucess.

You may want to look at this note:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#cray-sv1

to see that a user in Germany has already built the netCDF libraries
for Unicos 10.0.0.6 on the Cray SV1 and has made the binaries
available, including Fortran90 interfaces.

> When I gerated the grid of MOM 2.0 I obtained a NETCDF error mensage:
>
> $FMS_BIN_DIR/grid_generator > grid_output
> > + /wind/u04/n9413/MOM_4/mom4_beta2/bin/grid_generator
> >
> > FATAL: NETCDF ERROR: Numeric conversion not representable
> >
> > ^B
> > Abort
> >
> >   Beginning of Traceback:
>
> Please, can you help me in this problem ?

Sorry, but I can't understand what is causing this problem.  Is
grid_generator a Fortran90 program?  What errors did you see when you
tested the netCDF Fortran90 interface?

You may want to look at this note:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html#cray-sv1

to see that a user in Germany has built the netCDF libraries for
Unicos 10.0.0.6 on the Cray SV1 and has made the binaries available.

Another possible fix for Fortran90 on Cray is contained in this note:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/msgout?/glimpse/netcdf/4665

> How can I subscrib me in the NETCDF mail list ?

Just go here: