20030430: netCDF build problem on Linux: cfortran.h

Jiping,

>Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:27:53 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Jiping Liu <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030430: netCDF build problem on Linux: cfortran.h

> I am sure that make distclean works.

Execute the command "make distclean" in the top-level source directory.
If the file "config.cache" still exists, then this command isn't working.

> The following is config.log.
> This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> configure:928: checking for top-level source-directory
> configure:938: checking for m4 preprocessor
> configure:945: checking for m4
> configure:1012: checking m4 flags
> configure:1085: checking C compiler "/usr/bin/gcc"
> configure:1094: /usr/bin/gcc -c -O Df2cFortran conftest.c 1>&5
> gcc: Df2cFortran: No such file or directory

The above indicates that the string "Df2cFortran" in the CPPFLAGS macro
is missing a necessary minus sign (-) prefix (i.e., the string should be
"-Df2cFortran").  I apologize for not catching this earlier.

Please do the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5, described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        word "-Df2cFortran" and not the word "Df2cFortran".

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9, described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html

Please let me know if this works.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson