20030430: netCDF build problem on Linux: cfortran.h

Jiping Liu <address@hidden>

>Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:16:22 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Jiping Liu <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030430: netCDF build problem on Linux: cfortran.h

> Still no "libsrc/ncconfig.h"
>
> The following is configure.log

The line above indicates that the "make distclean" command was not
executed.

> checking for top-level source-directory
> /usr/local/netcdf-3.5.1-beta10/src
> checking for m4 preprocessor
> checking for m4... m4
> checking m4 flags... -B10000
> checking C compiler "/usr/bin/gcc"... failed to compile test program

The line above indicates a serious problem that must be corrected before
you will be able to build the netCDF package.  The cause of this problem
should be in the file "config.log".  Please send me that file.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson