Re: 20030422: Missing files in netCDF-3.5.0 [4000_dev]

>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden,
>cc: address@hidden,
>cc: address@hidden,
>cc: address@hidden
>From: "Ringu Abraham Nalankal-RAN" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Missing files in netCDF-3.5.0 [4000_dev]

Hi Ringu Abraham,

> I am working on a project, which requires the use of the netCDF
> library. For this I have downloaded the latest version of the netCDF
> package (netcdf-3.5.0) provided at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/.
>
> I tried to build the package using MS VC++ 6.0, but I get errors
> related to some of the files not being found (missing).
>
> A typical error that I get is
> ffio.c
> d:\projects\netcdf\src\libsrc\ffio.c(18) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> include file: 'ffio.h' : No such file or directory
> Error executing cl.exe.
>
> The files that are missing and hence causing errors at present are
>
> 1. ncconfig.h     (I could get this file from the netcdf-3.4 package
>                    but would like to know if it can be used with the
>                    v3.5.0 package)
> 2. ffio.h         (Error on this file being not found started showing
>                    up after I added the ncconfig.h from the netcdf-3.4
>                    package)
> 3. rpc/types.h
>
> Also please note that I have searched the netcdf-3.5.0 package and
> these files were not found.
>
> It would be great if you can please send me these files (and any
> others that may be necessary) or send me the link, if any, from where
> I can download the same.

These files are not found because ncconfig.h is generated in a
platform-specific way from other source files as part of the
installation of the netCDF package, when following the INSTALL
instructions available with the source distribution or from

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html

Since you are building on a Windows platform, the most important part
of the INSTALL instructions for you are:

  If you wish to build from source on a Windows (Win32) platform,
  different instructions apply. We have pre-built netCDF 3.5.0
  libraries for Win 95/98/NT, available here

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.0.win32bin.ZIP

  To do your own source build, get this zip file

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-3.5.0.win32makeVC6.ZIP
  (these make files are for Microsoft Visual C 6 and Digital Fortran
  6, you will have to modify for a different environment). Read
  WIN32_README.TXT

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/WIN32_README.TXT

   for more info.

> Thanks & Regards

You're welcome!  Thanks for using netCDF.

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu