20030418: problem building "netCDF" under TFLOPS O/S

Zhaofang Wen,

>Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:39:09 -0600
>From: "Zhaofang Wen" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20030418: problem building "netCDF"

> Here is the information. Thanks.
>
> Zhaofang
>

> /bin/make
> --------------------------------libsrc/Makefile
>

> # $Id: Makefile,v 2.42 1999/11/02 16:49:04 steve Exp $
> #
> #       Makefile for netcdf libsrc
> #
>
> include ../macros.make
>
> INCLUDES = -I.
>
> LIBRARY         = libnetcdf.a
> ld_netcdf       = -L. -lnetcdf
>
> HEADER  = netcdf.h
>
> MANUAL  = netcdf.3
>
> LIB_CSRCS = \
>         attr.c \
>         dim.c \
>         error.c \
>         libvers.c \
>         nc.c \
>         ncio.c \
>         ncx.c \
>         putget.c \
>         string.c \
>         v1hpg.c \
>         v2i.c \
>         var.c

I didn't see anything wrong with the makefile.

I'm not familiar with the TFLOPS operating system. It could be that its
/bin/make utility doesn't behave like most other make(1) utilities. Is
there someone there who knows a lot about the TFLOPS make(1) utility and
with whom you could discuss this problem?

The alternatives are to spend days trying to uncover the problem or for
you to get me a logon to the system so that I can explore the problem.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson