Re: 20030409:How to extract a slice from a netCDF file

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: "Hongfei Tian" <address@hidden>
>Subject: urgentHelpOnNetCDF

Hi,

> Could you please tell me how to cut a piece of data from the NetCDF
> file? I understand the structure of the files, but I need a software
> tool to help me extract a slice of array, right? Which software can be
> run Windows?

ncks is a program that is part of the NCO (netCDF operators) package,
available from

  http://nco.sourceforge.net/

that will extract arbitrary slices of netCDF variables.  Since it is
offered in source form, I think you will have to compile it from
sources, but it has been tested on Windows NT.

There are other programs that can slice netCDF data as well, but some
of them work only for files that follow specific netCDF conventions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu