Re: 20030408: netCDF packing

>To: address@hidden
>From: Sudharshan Sathiyamoorthy <address@hidden>
>Subject: netCDF packing

Sudharshan,

> Thanks!  I'll take a look at the webpage.  By the way, is there a
> timeframe for when the next version of netCDF will come out?

The next version is available as the current beta test release,
netcdf-3.5.1-beta10, from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.Z

It has fixes for newer C++ compilers, support for 8-byte integers in
the Fortran-90 interface, and a few bug fixes.  It will become the
production release after some additional release engineering and
testing, which may not be finished until June or July.  The next
release after that will probably be netCDF-4, which may be available
for testing purposes in 2005.

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu