Re: netCDF naming conventions

Hi Reimar,

Now that it looks like we will finally have some resources to work on
netCDF again (starting in June), I will get this  change into
netCDF 3.5.1 before it goes out of beta.  Sorry it has taken so long,
but we have had no resources for netCDF development during the last
year, and only .25 programmer for support.

I think I will just make a small change to the C library to permit
":", "@", "(", and ")" in names, but not make the necessary fixes to
ncdump/ncgen or change the documentation until ncdump/ncgen are fixed
to permit the symbols as well (which may have to wait for netcdf 3.6
or 4).

--Russ