Re: netcdf/hdf

>To: address@hidden
>Subject: Re: 20030317: netcdf/hdf

Hi Jim,

> I'm curious about what the plans are for a combined netcdf/hdf as far as
> parallel systems go?  Is anything like an interface to MPI-IO planned?

Yes, that's exactly what's planned.  The netCDF-4 interface will be
layered on the HDF5 file format, and we plan to use MPI-IO, as HDF5
does.  We may be able to just use the HDF5 MPI-IO facilities.

If you have good ideas about this, please let us know.  I hope to hire
a developer to start the work by June.

--Russ

address@hidden                      http://my.unidata.ucar.edu