Re: 20021217: *.cdf file format

>To: address@hidden,
>From: "waleed Makarem" <address@hidden>

Hi Dr. Makarem,

> I am a pharmacist , i am developping a software to help me in my job, but i
> encounter a problem.
> the work i deak with is to get a graphical data (forms peaks). then i make
> integration to these
> peaks to get the area of each peak. This is work is known as Chromatography.
> the graphical file is stored in different format, but a standard file format
> is known as AIA (ANDI FORMAT or *.cdf)
> is agreed to be a standard so that most software can import and export *.cdf
> file format to other
> foramts.
> the problem is that i want to know the structure of this *.cdf file format
> to be able to capture
> these data and apply further processing. ALSO it will be a great favour if u
> write some code in
> visual c++ to save or load these data into the software(i use an array).
>
> So, could u please help me to get an idea about this file format.
>
> a *.cdf file will store each point of the graph, some header data such as
> time , data, operator name,
> peak name, and some integration data.

The name of the file format is netCDF, with home page:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

A precise description of the netCDF format is here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guidec/guidec-18.html#HEADING18-0

We don't have any chromatography-related software, but there is some
ANDI-related software and documentation at:

 ftp://ftp.sjo.appliedbiosystems.com/pub/andi-MS/

I also found this note in our email support archives at

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/70/4056

   We develop and maintain netCDF, but the use of netCDF in analytical
   chemistry is an independent effort (in other words, we know very
   little about the ANDI chromatography standard).  We know about the
   article "STANDARDS FOR CHROMATOGRAPHY DATA SYSTEMS: ASTM adopts
   protocols for analytical data interchange (Andi)" at

     http://pubs.acs.org/hotartcl/tcaw/98/may/stan.html

   The resulting standard specification and guide may be downloaded
   from ASTM:

   E1947-98 Standard Specification for Analytical Data Interchange
   Protocol for Chromatographic Data

http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/DATABASE.CART/PAGES/E1947.htm?L+mystore+rpwd2606

   E1948-98 Standard Guide for Analytical Data Interchange Protocol for
   Chromatographic Data

http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/DATABASE.CART/PAGES/E1948.htm?L+mystore+rpwd2606

   You can also type in the keywords "analytical" or "spectroscopy" in
   the netCDF support email archive search box near the bottom of the
   netCDF web page for a bit more information about this application of
   netCDF and email addresses of others who have used it ...

--Russ