20021217: F90 netcdf errors on SGI

Greg,

>Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:12:24 -0400
>From: "Greg Lukeman" <address@hidden>
>To: "'Steve Emmerson'" <address@hidden>
>Subject: RE: 20021217: F90 netcdf errors on SGI

> Ah!  I just looked at the config.log file (appended below).  It looks as
> if the f77 license is not installed.

That would cause the problem.

> I assume we need this, even though we're using f90 for our code?

It depends.  If your Fortran-90 compiler is capable of compiling
Fortran-77 code (and most are), then you can use it instead of the
Fortran-77 compiler in building the netCDF package:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable FC is set to the absolute
        pathname of your Fortran-90 compiler rather than your Fortran-77
        compiler.

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,