20021216: F90 netcdf errors on SGI

Greg,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: "Greg Lukeman" <address@hidden>
> Subject: netcdf errors on SGI

> I recently did an installation of netcdf (latest version) in my home
> directory on an SGI machine.  It seemed to go ok, but when I try to make
> our program, I get the following error from ld:
>

> make
>         f90 -O  -o prep prep.o -L/store2/users/lozas/lib -lnetcdf
> ld32: WARNING 84 : /store2/users/lozas/lib/libnetcdf.a is not used for
> resolving any symbol.
> ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "ncopn_" -- 1st referenced by
> prep.o.
>         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and
> dsos are loaded.

> PS: The results of the command:
>
> nm -gr /store2/users/lozas/lib/libnetcdf.a | grep -v Undefined
>
> are below:
>
> Symbols from /store2/users/lozas/lib/libnetcdf.a[attr.o]:

Your netCDF archive appears to be missing the object module
"fort-v2compat.o", which implements the Fortran-77 API and contains the
"ncopn" routine, -- among other things. Source-code for this module is
in the "fortran/" subdirectory.

In order to discover why your netCDF archive doesn't contain the
"fort-v2compat.o" module, would you please send me the file "make.log",
which is described near the end of the file "INSTALL.HTML".

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Lukeman

Regards,