Re: 20021209: error on install netcdf3.5

>To: address@hidden
>From: s <address@hidden>
>Subject: error on install netcdf3.5

Hi,

>  I got a problem in the \'make install\' process.
> The platform is Linux-2.4.2-2 smp i686, all the processes
> is ok except the last one. The error message is list
> belowing:
> No rule to make target \'netcdf.mod\'.
>  What does it mean ? Would you please do me a favor ?

The netCDF Fortran-90 module file "f90/netcdf.mod" is created by the
Fortran-90 compiler from the file "f90/netcdf.f90": it is not part of
the distribution.

Depending on your compiler, the module file may be named "netcdf.mod",
"netcdf.MOD", "NETCDF.MOD", or "NETCDF.mod".  There doesn't seem to be
a clear standard for the case of the name of module files produced by
Fortran-90 compilers.  So it may be that all you need to do is see if
one of these files with any of the names "netcdf.MOD", "NETCDF.MOD",
or "NETCDF.mod" exists in the f90 directory and just copy it to
"netcdf.mod" or create a link named "netcdf.mod" that points to the
alternately-named file.

This only affects the Fortran-90 interface, so the C, Fortran-77, and
C++ netCDF interfaces will work fine without it.

--Russ