Re: 20021206: Mac OS X

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: ann cantrell <address@hidden>
>Subject: Mac OS X

Hi Ann,

> Can you please tell me if NetCDF is available on Mac OS X?  I understand
> that some people have tried to compile it for Mac OS X but I see no
> reference on your web site.

Yes, it is available for Mac OS X.  I ported it soon after I got my
TiBook.  The instructions for building it from source are in our
INSTALL document:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#macosx

and a version of the netCDF library and utilities that are already
compiled are available from the excellent Fink project:

  http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/section.php/sci

> --Ann Cantrell
> Senior Marketing Manager
> Science and Technical Markets
> Apple Computer, Inc.
> 925-296-5514
> www.apple.com/scitech

Please let me know if you need any more information about this ...

--Russ