Re: 20021006: building applications using netCDF on Windows with Lahey Fortran

we dont have a lahey fortran compiler, so we have never done this, but here are some instructions contributed by another user:

  http://www.cwr.uwa.edu.au/~slawinski/work/netcdfinfo.html#WinNT

you may need to find someone locally with programming experience that can help you follow them. good luck!

After searching for many days for answers to my compilation troubles, I have decided to write to you. My problems are: I am trying to compile code that requires NETCDF libraries using Lahey Fortran compiler (lf9557). I have tried to do that using win32 bin files for netcdf.inc and netcdf.lib (downloaded from netcdf/ucar/) and those included in the LF9557 lib and include. I get 138 errors (attached file bugs_main). I have very pedestrian knowledge of programming and can do only basic tasks of writing *.fig files for automake. What do these errors tell me? I have tried to compile test_ncdf.f90 file and got 51 errors (attached file bugs_test). Is there aomething wrong with the LF9557 compiler? Am I missing some flags in compiling? Sorry for asking silly questions but none of students that I supervise know anything about FORTRAN, compiling, and other things needed for number crunching (reading data files) even though they are taking computer science courses. Sincerely,
Dr. Irene Rubinstein