Re: Conversion tool from HDF-EOS to netCDF

>To: address@hidden
>From: "Jingli Yang" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20020923: Conversion tool from HDF-EOS to netCDF

Hi Dr. Yang,

> Do you know of any conversion tools from HDF-EOS to netCDF?  I got
> you name from the NCAR website.

I don't know of any tools specifically for that purpose.  The HDF-EOS
Tools and Information Center

  http://hdfeos.gsfc.nasa.gov/hdfeos/about_HDF_EOS/he5.cfm

or a group that provides data in HDF-EOS form (for example the MODIS
Data Support Team <address@hidden>) might know about such
tools.

Alternatively, you might see if one of the packages that supports
importing manipulating data in either netCDF or HDF-EOS form could be
used for conversion, for example:

  MATLAB
  WebWinds (or the earlier version called LinkWinds)
  IDL
  Noesys

Finally, there are DODS servers that serve HDF-EOS data that can be
accessed via netCDF client calls by using the DODS library.

Good luck.

--Russ