Re: 20020603: help (netcdf, pgi compiler)

>To: <address@hidden>
>From: qixiangju user <address@hidden>
>Subject: help

Hi,

> I have some problems on install NETCDF,details in the file
> detail.file.
> Through my PGI is a trial version,but it works very well always.
> please give me some advice.

It looks as if you specified a wrong path for the pgf90 compiler,
from this output in the config.log file you sent:

  configure:1615: /usr/bin/linux86/bin/pgf90 -c  conftest.f90
  ./configure: /usr/bin/linux86/bin/pgf90: No such file or directory

Maybe you meant to use "/usr/pgi/linux86/bin/pgf90" instead, as you
wrote in the "detail.file" you sent.  Also, I think you need to set
the environment variable:

  CPPFLAGS='-DpgiFortran'

before running the configure script, to make sure the Fortran90 to C
interface will work as expected.

Before doing this, "make clean" and "rm config.cache", then you can
set your environment variables and rerun the configure script and make
commands.

> I dont know how to redirect standard output and standard error in one
> file,the UNIX redirecd format cannot work in the LINUX.

How you do it depends on which shell you are using.  If you are using
bash (or bsh or sh or ksh), you should be able to redirect to a single
file using syntax like this:

 $ ./configure >configure.log 2>&1

If you use csh (or tcsh or similar csh-like shell), you should be able
to redirect to a single file using syntax like this:

 % ./configure >&! configure.log

For more information on Linux/PGI compiler use with netCDF, see this
earlier response to support email:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/mfs/70/4711

--Russ