20020508: netcdf 3.5.1 Beta 3: Intel Fortran patch needed

>To: address@hidden
>From: Ole Holm Nielsen <address@hidden>
>Subject: netcdf 3.5.1 Beta 3: Intel Fortran patch needed

Hi Ole,

> I'm trying to make our software work on the Pentium-4 platform
> using the Intel Fortran compiler (ifc) version 6.0.  Both
> netcdf versions 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 Beta 3 won't compile unless
> I install the patch from your Web-pages,
>    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/intel-f95-patch
>
> Would you kindly incorporate this patch into the main source
> so that we won't have to bother about this trivial patch
> in the future ?

Since it's a patch to Burkhard Steinmacher-Burow's cfortran.h file,
the patch really needs to go back to him to incorporate into his
cfortran.h master.  I just CC:ed you on a request to him to include
that patch, and he replied that he would look at it and try to get it
into the next version.  Thanks for pointing this out.

--Russ