20020430: netCDF installation trouble on SGI

>From: "Kristin"

Kristin,

>I am having trouble installing NetCDF 3.5.0 on an SGI. Here is the
>information you requested in order to help diagnose the problem:
>
>    A.The standard output of the command "uname -a".
>IRIX64 casey 6.5 07201608 IP30
>

>    B.The contents of the file VERSION, which is in the top-level source
>directory.
>3.5.0
>
>    C.The absolute pathnames of all compilers (C, Fortran, C++) used in the
>build process (use the type(1) or which(1) utility to determine this).
>/usr/bin/c89
>/usr/bin/cc
>/usr/bin/f90
>/usr/bin/f77
>
>    D.The file "configure.log" from step 6 above.
>    E.The file "config.log", which is created in the top-level source
>directory by the configure script during step 6 above.
>    F.The file "make.log" from step 7 above.
>
>These files are attached.

Entries from he first file attached, config.log, shows that your
problem is that your C compiler is not usable:

   configure:1094: c89 -c -O -DNDEBUG conftest.c 1>&5
   No such feature exists (-5,116)

    This product (cc) requires a license password.
    For license installation and trouble shooting
    information visit the web page:

            http://www.sgi.com/Support/Licensing/install_docs.html

    To obtain a Permanent license (proof of purchase
    required) or an Evaluation license please
    visit our license request web page:

            http://www.sgi.com/Products/license.html

            or send a blank email message to:

            address@hidden

    In North America, Silicon Graphics' customers may request
    Permanent licenses by sending a facsimile to:

            (650) 390-0537

            or by calling our technical support hotline

            1-800-800-4SGI

    If you are Outside of North America or you are not a Silicon
    Graphics support customer then contact your local support provider.

Catchy signature line ------+

>--
>                                      __
>             /\                       \ \_____
>            /  \                   ###[==_____>
>           /    \                     /_/      __
>          /  __  \                             \ \_____
>          | (  ) |                          ###[==_____>
>       /  |=|==|=|  \       Kristin
>    / USA | ~||~ |NASA \    Lockheed Martin Space Operations
>   |______|  ~~  |______|   NASA Langley Research Center
>          (__||__)
>          /_\  /_\
>          !!!  !!!