20020306: building netCDF under DOS

>From: "Majid Naderi" <address@hidden>

Majid,

>I am A.Naderi from Iranian National Center for Oceanography (INCO). INCO
>intends to choose a standard method for formatting the oceanographic
>data in it's data center. Some colleagues in other data centers have
>guided us to use NETcdf software to do this. We downloaded the sources
>of the program but we have some problems to compile the program source.
>There are some limitations to use under DOS programs  in INCO data
>center and it is preferred to use visual versions of the programs. All
>the processes that are referred in the guidelines have been done but the
>problem still exists. Here I would like to ask you what is the nature
>and cause of this problem and whether it is compiler error itself or
>something related to the other problems?. We will appreciate it, if you
>inform us which version of the compiler is more suitable and needed.

In order to understand what may be going wrong in your build of the
netCDF, we need to see the output from the configure and make steps.
Please read through the instructions listed in:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/INSTALL.html#ReportingProblems

to see what output will help us troubleshoot your problem.  Also, please
include which compiler you are using to do the compilation: name of
compiler; version number; and anything else you can think of that
could help.

>Thank you for your attention.

You are welcome.

>With Best Regards.

As an interesting side comment: I lived in Tehran between 1955 - 1958
while I was a small boy.

>A. Naderi
>Add: No. 51, Bozorgmehr Ave., Iran-Tehran 14168
>P.O.Box: 14155-4781
>Tel: (+ 98 21) 6419891- 6464492
>Fax: (+98 21) 6419978
>Email: address@hidden