Re: 20020218: Compiling netCDF without netCDF version 2 API

>To: address@hidden
>From: address@hidden
>Subject: Compiling netCDF without netCDF version 2 API

Hi Harvey!

> My previous email dated 9 April 2001 suggested mods to ncdump & ncgen so
> these would compile with -DNO_NETCDF_2.
> The attached tar file includes these same mods together with some to handle
> directories nctest and fortran.
> It is still not possible to make cxx.

I had a vague recollection of this, but was surprised that I had never
replied to your 9 April 2001 email on this subject.  In reconstructing
what happened, it appears that I had just gotten back from a vacation
a week earlier, and had somehow misplaced your message.  Sorry about
that!

I will incorporate your changes right away and get them into the next
beta release of netCDF 3.5.1.  Thanks for resending them.

I've just about decided that the only way to fix the cxx interface is
to rewrite to standard C++ and just not build it for C++ compilers
that don't adhere to the standard at least enough to understand
"#include <iostream>".

I hope everything is well with you.

--Russ