20020201: Linux NetCDF installation: Fujitsu Fortran compiler

Annarita,

>Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 12:53:03 -0500
>From: Annarita Mariotti <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20020131: Linux NetCDF installation: Fujitsu Fortran compiler

> I'm sending you the listing according to the command you suggested.
> Thanks,
> Annarita
>
> attr.o:
>          U NC_check_id
>          U NC_check_name
> fort-control.o:
>          U free
>          U malloc
>          U memchr
>          U memcpy
>          U nc__create
>          U nc__create_mp
>          U nc__enddef
>          U nc__open
>          U nc__open_mp
>          U nc_abort
>          U nc_close
>          U nc_create
>          U nc_delete
>          U nc_delete_mp
>          U nc_enddef
>          U nc_inq_base_pe
>          U nc_open
>          U nc_redef
>          U nc_set_base_pe
>          U nc_set_fill
>          U nc_sync
> 000002d4 T nf__create__
> 00000670 T nf__create_mp__
> 00000564 T nf__enddef__
> 0000044c T nf__open__
> 00000748 T nf__open_mp__
> 000005a8 T nf_abort__
> 000005bc T nf_close__
> 00000224 T nf_create__

As you can see from the above, the "nf_create" routine is defined in the
library as "nf_create__". This indicates that the Fortran compiler is
using the naming conventions referenced by the C macro "f2cFortran" --
which you said didn't work.

Because defining that macro didn't work, we'll have to start over from
the beginning. Please do the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 mentioned near the end of the file
        INSTALL.html.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-Df2cFortran", e.g.

            export CPPFLAGS="-Df2cFortran"

    4.  Execute the configure script according to step 6 mentioned near
        the end of the file INSTALL.html.

    5.  Send me the files "configure.log", "config.log", and
        "macros.make".

Regards,