Re: 20020124: problem with installation of NetCDF

>To: address@hidden
>From: "FIOROT Sophie" <address@hidden>
>Subject: problem with installation of NetCDF

Hi Sophie,

> I have a problem when I want to install NetCDF in my Linux computer.
> I send you the files that you need for the support. Could you tell me
> what flags do I need, please?

Here's a set of environment variable settings that works for us on
Linux:

 CC=/usr/bin/egcs
 CPPFLAGS=-Df2cFortran
 FC=/usr/bin/g77
 FFLAGS=-Wno-globals
 CXX=/usr/bin/g++

That might work for you, however to diagnose the problem you are
seeing, we need to see the output of running the "configure" script.
You have sent us "config.log", which is not the same as the output of
the configure script.  The output of the configure script looks
something like this:

  creating cache ./config.cache
  checking for top-level source-directory
  /a/scratch/russ/builds/imogene0/src
  checking for m4 preprocessor
  checking for m4... m4
  checking m4 flags... -B10000
  checking C compiler "/usr/bin/egcs"... works
  checking how to make dependencies... false
  checking for /usr/bin/g++... /usr/bin/g++
  checking C++ compiler "/usr/bin/g++"... works
  checking how to run the C preprocessor... /usr/bin/egcs -E
  checking user-defined Fortran-77 compiler "/usr/bin/g77"... works
  creating macros.make
  udcreating fortran/nfconfig.inc
  creating libsrc/ncconfig.h

--Russ