Re: 20011221: where is libnetcdf.a

>To: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
>From: "Byrganhalli, Ravi R (GEAE, EACoE-India)" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Information Required

Dear Sir,

>    I am trying to get the file libnetcdf.a from the set of free
> downloadable libraries available. But, I am unable to trace in which
> tar file it is located. Can you please let me know in which tar file
> this library is available and give me the corresponding ftp site
> address?. Looking forward to hearing from you.

libnetcdf.a is a binary library that is different for each compiler
and operating system combination.  If you have a C compiler, you can
build it yourself from the netCDF sources at

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

by following the instructions for different platforms availble in

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/INSTALL.html

If you happen to have one of the Unix platforms for which we have
already compiled the netcdf library, you can get the binary library
libnetcdf.a from one of the subdirectories

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/

for example,

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/binary/sunos_5.8-sparc/netcdf-3.5.0.tar.Z

If you need the library for a Windows system, see

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html#win

If you have some other platform, see

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/other-builds.html

--Russ