Re: 20011019: NetCDF for OS X..

>To: address@hidden
>From: Dierk Polzin <address@hidden>
>Subject: NetCDF for OS X..

Hi Dierk,

> Do you have any instructions on how to compile netcdf for Mac OS X
> 10.1

Yes, if you have the Developers Tools installed, it compiles with just
the standard sequence of

 configure
 make all
 make test
 make install

If there's some particular place you want it installed, such as
/usr/local/netcdf/, then you instead provide a "--prefix" argument to
the configure command above, such as

 configure --prefix=/usr/local/netcdf

Also, the above builds the C and C++ interface, but no Fortran
interface, because there is no Fortran compiler provided with the
Developer Tools.  However, I know you can build both f2c or g77 for
Mac OS X 10.1 use them as Fortran compilers.  g77 is among the 432
packages that can be installed on a Mac OS X system using "fink":

  http://fink.sourceforge.net/

I haven't tried this with netCDF 3.5.0 yet, but will soon, and will
provide any changes needed in the installation instructions for Mac OS
X, at

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/netcdf/INSTALL.html#macosx

--Russ