Re: 20011009: COARDS and/or CF-1.0

Cristina,

>   :Conventions = "COARDS", "GDV";
>
> But I couldn't get NCOs, ncgen/ncdump to create the two strings, as you
> mention.  So I decided to go with CF-1.0 alone.  Your input gives this
> decision more credence.  And thanks for pointing out that the double
> strings aren't allowed.  So the multiple strings that 'history' often
> shows are actually one long string?  Or is 'history' an exception?

If you include embedded newlines in an attribute value, ncdump prints
out multiple lines.  ncgen also knows about this, which is how most
"history" attributes work, using multiple lines for the attribute
string.  So you can fake multi-string attributes with something like:

   :Conventions = "COARDS\n",
                  "GDV";

without the attributes getting smashed together.  Thanks for pointing
this out; I had forgotten about it.

--Russ